EFFECTIVE DATE: January 3, 2020
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- by telephone at 1-781-894-8800, or
- by U.S. mail at 800 South Street, Suite 500, Waltham, MA 02453.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us. We collect information that you choose to give us when you use the Site. For example:
- When you participate in surveys, you give us and we collect your responses to our questions.
- If you request more information about Global, we collect the information that you choose give us to fulfill your request.
- If you apply for a job, we collect the information you submit in your job application.
- If you contact our customer service team, we collect the information you give us. We may monitor or record your online or telephone discussions with our customer service team for training purposes and to ensure service quality. We will announce when your telephone calls are recorded when required by law.
In order to access and use them, certain features of the Site (such as your ability to access your Schedule K-1 information if you own Global common units) may require you to have a user name and personal identification number or password (an “Account”). If you create an Account, then you must choose at least a user name and personal identification number or password and provide to us basic information which are necessary for the account to work, such as your email address. You also may decide to tell us your Account preferences. Of course, we collect all of the information that you give us in connection with your Account.
Information Collected from Your Use of the Site
We collect information through our server logs. A server log is a list of the activities that a server performs. Our servers automatically collect and store in server logs the following information: your browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and certain cookies that identify your browser or account.
We may use various technologies to automatically collect information from your web browser, computer or device when you use the Site. Please see Section 3 for more information about the data collection technologies that we use and how we use them.
We collect your IP address. In some cases, your IP address may give us your location but not your precise geolocation.
When You Connect with the Site through Social Media
Stuff Google Wants to Make Sure You Know about Google Maps
3. COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY
What is Data Collection Technology?
We use different kinds of technology to collect information when you interact with the Site or with certain third parties. Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Site.
Web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear GIFs) are another type of data collection technology. A web beacon is computer code that enables us to monitor user activity and website traffic. To learn more about cookies and web beacons, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The Site uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors, to learn how visitors navigate the Site and to help us to improve Site functionality.
- Functionality cookies, which help us recognize you when you return to the Site.
- Targeting cookies, which help us to deliver ads or messages that we believe will interest you based on your visits to the Site, the pages you visited and the links you followed. We also may share this information with our third-party advertising partners to help us identify and send you relevant messages.
- Interaction cookies, which allow you to recommend us on Social Media.
Stuff Google Wants to Make Sure You Know about Google’s Data Collection Technology
We use Google Analytics, which is a Google service that uses data collection technology to collect information about use of the Site and report website trends. Google requires disclosure about all Analytics features and inclusion of information about use of first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers and how they are used together. Please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites for more information about how Google uses the information it collects through the Site.
What is Collected through Our Data Collection Technology?
The data collection technology that we use may collect:
- Your IP address, computer or mobile device type and operating system, access times, referring website address.
- Your browser type and language.
- Your time zone.
Why Use Data Collection Technology?
Data collection technology helps us improve your experience of the Site by, for example, customizing your experience, helping us analyze usage, technical and navigational metrics and detecting and preventing fraud.
Can I Control Data Collection Technology?
You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://adssettings.google.com/ or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt-out of personalized advertising generally, visit DAA Opt-Out Page (web browser only).
Opting out does not mean you will not see advertising – it means you won’t see personalized advertising from the companies that participate in the DAA opt-out programs. Also, if you clear your cookies, you may need to opt-out again.
Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You also may be able to reject device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device.
Although you are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers to use the Site, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the Site.
What about Do Not Track Signals?
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Global, do not respond to DNT signals.
4. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect:
To deliver the Site
- Create and manage your Account.
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests for information
- Complete transactions that you request.
- Manage and communicate with you about the Site.
For analytics and marketing
- Combine and analyze information collected through the Site. Combining information enables us to better understand users’ activities across the Site, to create a single set of information from all of ways that we interact with you, to deliver more personalized advertising and to understand how our advertisements perform.
- Develop and display advertising and content tailored to your interests.
- Perform website or mobile application analytics.
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone or mobile device about products or services that we think will interest you.
To learn about what you and other users like so we can improve the Site
- Administer focus groups and surveys.
- Conduct research and analysis to improve our products and services and customer service.
To prevent and detect fraud
For legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements.
- Assist law enforcement when we believe necessary to do so.
- Enforce or exercise our Terms of Service and other legal rights
5. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share information:
- With your Consent or at Your Request
- With Our Service Providers
We use third parties to help us operate the Site. These third parties include investor relations services, marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center providers, and data security consultants.
- With Other Global Businesses
We may share information we collect through the Site with other businesses in the Global family.
- With Advertising Partners
We may share your information with other companies that use the information that we share to conduct personalized advertising for us.
- For Corporate Transactions
We may share and transfer information if we are involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control on any Global business (in each case, whether in whole or in part).
- When Required by Law
Applicable law may require us to disclose your information when: (i) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant), government investigation or other legal requirements or (ii) necessary for the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law). We also may respond to information requests from competent government regulators.
- To Enforce Legal Rights
We also share information (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of users, customers, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to pursue available remedies or limit the damages; (iv) to enforce our agreements with you; and (v) to respond to an emergency.
6. YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user of the Site, we provide you with tools and Account settings that help you to access, correct, delete or modify the personal information that you provided to us and associated with your Account. Contact customer service for help at email@example.com.
You also can deactivate and permanently delete your Account by calling 1-781-894-8800, providing the customer service agent with answers to your security questions and then telling the customer service agent to delete your Account.
7. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We use technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information against unauthorized access, theft and loss. Unfortunately, however, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to or through the Internet.
If and when you create an Account, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and the information in your Account.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the Site without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your Account or information that you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at 781-894-8800.
8. HOW LONG WE RETAIN INFORMATION
We keep your personal information in identifiable form only as long as we need it for the lawful purpose for which we collected it or, if longer or shorter, to comply with law, to resolve disputes and to enforce agreements with you.
9. ABOUT CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13 because they are not allowed to use the Site. If you know that a person under age 13 or between the ages of 13-18 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 1-781-894-8800.
11. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes and are not controlled by Global, nor is the content monitored by Global. While we try to link to websites that share our high standards and respect for personal privacy, Global is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of any third party. Use of any linked third-party website that you access through the Site is at your own risk.
NOTE: INFORMATION FOR THE PRESS RELEASES, E-MAIL ALERTS, SEC FILINGS, AND STOCK QUOTES PAGES WITHIN THE INVESTOR RELATIONS SECTION OF THE SITE IS PROVIDED BY Q4 INC. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THIS INFORMATION OR HAVE ANY LIABILITY IN THE EVENT ANY INFORMATION ON THESE PAGES IS INCORRECT, INACCURATE, UNTIMELY, OR INCOMPLETE.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US