Transportation is changing quickly. Driven by a focus on decarbonization and consumer demand for high quality goods, we are rethinking the fueling station of the future.
Design the Station of 2030
To help us imagine the fueling station of 2030, Global Partners is holding a design competition for undergraduate and graduate student teams attending school in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Whether it’s gasoline and diesel from more renewable sources, electric vehicle charging or hydrogen fueling, these locations will have to support many different types of fueling.
We anticipate travelers may spend more time at fueling stations in the future. A co-located convenience store that provides a great experience, and serves local travel and food needs will be important. Travelers may be attracted to other amenities, such as exercise, walking trails, dog parks and relaxation areas.
Register your team
Fill out this google form to register, providing your name, team members, team name, contact information, school and graduating year. After reviewing your registration, we will send a link where you can upload your submission.
Teams may be comprised of up to five students. Individual submissions are also welcome.
Information Session: September 7, 1:00pm EST
Join us to learn more about the competition and ask questions. Register here for our information session.
|Time:||1pm Eastern Time|
|Zoom invitation:||Zoom Registration|
Submissions Due: October 14
- Design drawings
- Concept description, no more than 10-pages which includes:
- Executive Summary of plan
- Description of design drawing including: amenities, mix of fuels offered
- Challenges and opportunities
- How does your design address sustainability while staying realistic to where the technology is today?
- For all team members please include: school, major/area of study, anticipated year of graduation and contact information.
- All files should be submitted as PDFs and uploaded (info below). Please include team name and contact info on all files.
Finalists Announced: Week of October 24
- Judges announce finalists. This group may be asked to provide additional detail about their submission.
Award Presentation & Reception: November 16
All participants will be invited to the award night. Finalists will be invited to display their project designs.
- Top 5 will be invited to make presentations at the final event
- Top 3 will be awarded cash prizes
Cash Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams:
How you will submit your proposal
Once your team is registered, we will send you a link for submitting your proposal. Please be sure to label all documents with your team name and contact info. All files should be PDFs.
For questions about the competition, please contact:
See Official Rules here.